Friday, December 11, 2009

To my Father-in-Law

I cannot find enough words to express my deepest gratitude towards you. Your gentle love and kindness and generosity has touched our family deeply. You left us with memories that will remain in our hearts forever. The opportunities and dreams you made possible for me and my children will never be forgotten. The closeness that I shared with you was truly one that a father and a daughter can only understand. I admired you for your unassuming and humble presence. You never forgot about your humble beginnings on the farm. I could relate to you and your stories. I will never forget how you talked about the farm in Boyle, your family, and the old country and how you related all of it to my parents and my growing up on the farm. You said that we were ' farm folk'. I will always remember how you came to spent every Christmas eve in our home with us in Pickering. (Stephen and Andrew still talk about how Grandpa took them to Red Lobster whenever he came to visit.) The happiness, comfort and peacefulness that you brought with you on each visit to our home will never be forgotten.

You are in heaven now - free of the pain that you so graciously endured over the past year. You gave us strength, we gave you hope and most of all we gave each other a love that will live in our hearts forever.

I will always love you, Dad.

Liz


No comments:

Post a Comment